Thursday, June 26, 2008

Tessio.

One of those periods when instincts start kicking in.

Infatuation, then picking off another beaut in 3 days. A fleeting glance, but nevertheless enough to tear apart everything in its way.

As much as I want to, or need to, if I were to seek a cure for this infection, I won't.

That's a plus for being always conscious inside.

When men come together, the competitive instinct sometimes comes into play. One such example would be flaunting your sexual experiences. The flaunting part usually aligns itself with the person's character, so it's somewhat unnoticeable.

Then there's the natural instinct to grab onto something - anything, when you're about to fall.

I haven't been able to experience such a situation happening to others in a public setting. If I had I'll probably be the one falling. Tall, hunched guys don't balance themselves well.

But I've been thinking quite a fair bit and doing mind-simulations of what's going to happen if a person falls. One notable scenario I thought of was a tall woman falling and grabbing an old lady's arm holding one of the poles in the bus.

Result - domino effect.

That's not all though. You can judge a person's level of control in such situations. I'm sure we've spotted examples of people reaching out to grab something due to their instinct, but suddenly stopping themselves or pulling their arms back to grab another.

Also, what does your instinct make you grab? Anything close to you? Anything that's big enough to grab? Anything that's metal? Anything that's flesh?

This is making me want to study psychology in uni like what my lecturer said, not like I will definitely go there, but it's worth a try no?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

grab chiobu.


(kidding)

Zheng Wen said...

I'd just try to keep my balance... Unless there's that metal pole around or something... I'm always quite scared of touching people on the bus or MRT, wait scarly they say I molest them or what...

But I hardly lose balance cos I always lean against something, usually those glass panels near the MRT doors... z