Sunday, June 22, 2008

Personal updates are essential.

Right.

I actually like this default theme a lot. It's one of the standard themes you can choose from when you try to pick a new template. Never liked any of the designs but this one's really good in my opinion. It's simple, clean, appealing, and it makes you focus on what I'm writing haha.

Remember I said I had to do a one-page website for one of my assignments? Maybe I didn't mention it, but several attempts to complete the assignment have revealed to me that web design is not about just what you see. How a person subconsciously goes about his daily surfing of the internet and how you present that information is linked together, and playing the right cards will definitely improve your website more than shitloads of impressive images.

So by then I was actually on the lookout for some books to read. I've got around 4 now and they're fairly short books, though I wonder if I'd have the patience and motivation to actually finish them off properly. Such books are different from the typical novels because skimming through isn't all that helpful when you're trying to grasp concepts through text.

Anyway just in case any of you visited this page since yesterday, I had no webspace of my own so I had to use my own blog as a form of testing my own layouts and stuff. Wondering if DD would grant me some space, heh.

I'm dreading tomorrow's critique session, providing my lecturer lives up to his promise. I'm getting a bad feeling that my work will be like a public execution. My lecturer's a great guy though, and gave me a lot of advice on photography. While I pray that he'll spare me tomorrow, I'm not putting much hope into it. Should be able to take the blow, like a man.

Finally, my new personal message. I hope it's clear enough that I'm quite nasty when I'm "myself." Then there's Nessib, which is the reason why I'm typing this post right now. Can you describe yourself? Maybe, but it's subjective to others, yeah? Thus I will not try to describe Nessib here.

Goodnight dudes. Tomorrow's a new term. I hope I'll get enough motivation to skip less. I'm trying man.

EDIT: Forgot something.

When a man is killed,
he loses.
When a man dies accidentally,
he loses with bad luck.
When a man sacrifices himself,
he loses a bet.
When a man digs his own grave,
he concedes.
When a man kills himself,
he's a damn good loser.


Mmmk.

No comments: