Heard about this dude in internship who got his ass kicked when he made a blog post about his internship company.
Of course he said something bad about the company but the company went as far as to wanting to sue the poor dude who, from what I heard, never even swore in his post.
But poor dude is still a dude, so he got away with a F on his cert.
Well, I was expecting pretty much the same type of response to such cases: "Wah, so serious." In my opinion it is a little way TOO serious.
Blogging gets boring when you start adjusting your writing style to suit readers or in this case, companies who fear for their reputation. I am not really talking about freedom of speech here but there is no point writing for someone else when you are writing about yourself.
The company made the wise choice though. Putting him in court will probably spark off another Xedo-like bombardment throughout local blogs.
Guaranteeing your downfall, or something like that.
I would say the guy is both fortunate and unfortunate at the same time. He made a public apology by the way, and no it didn't help. Sometimes even apologies don't help.
Should have like asked the anti-search engine code from me, then he would have been laughing at their cruisers from the abyss of the internet.
Monday, June 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment