Monday, January 01, 2007

07 post.

I don't see any reason why we should go for countdown parties a few hours before the new year.

The Earth revolves. We have different timezones around the world, so how can you count down to the most accurate new year hour when there are new year celebrations occurring each hour?

Besides, there's a problem with our watch/clock not synchronized with each other, so which second is the actual last second to the new year?

Date/time/year is a form of time logging for humans. 365 days and a quarter of it might be a miscalculation, though. Humans are fallible. What if it was 365 days and 1/8 of it? Christmas would have been earlier for all of us.

There is no effective way or proof, other than your calender, which is an unreliable source of evidence, to prove that now is the new year. Time on your watch/clock, even, is just a form of reminder. Not like I have anything against such stuff though.

Imagine, that if we didn't have something called years, I would have been 6236.25 days old already.

"How old are you?"
"I am 6236.25 days old."

In my opinion, it sounds much cooler than a puny number such as 17.

Resolutions:

"To not get struck down by a truck." - someone

I have a resolution - 2007 will be over in a second, including subsequent years to come.

Other stuff:

I seek to complete all my previous RPGs (either with cheats or not) then maybe getting a job somewhere close to earn a little money. I think I will put down several items here as my wishlist.

The creamy wishlist:
- New RAM (I left the case open which resulted in faulty RAM)
- 19 inch monitor (which I wanted to get while assembling my new com last time)
- Tablet (I am sick of drawing with my mouse)
- HL2 (for NS sequel)
- Get laid (highly impossible, not that I lack self-confidence)
- O LEVEL RESULTS < 17 (hopefully)
- Frag records in multiplayer games

I struggled to think of other things to add on but I couldn't. This is where you can't apply creativity to, otherwise your list will end up with items such as having a computer which can fly you to the moon and, after dropping 9000 feet from the sky, remain intact.

That's it.

No comments: