Thursday, May 01, 2008

Against the wall.

Hi. I think the new layout is self-explanatory.

This is one of my favourite layouts from way back, and I specifically took the time to recode it from scratch, adherring to the standards of strict XHTML and CSS 2.1, there you go.

One major improvement over the original version was that the headings are no longer cut off in IE. Putting my recent reformat into good use, I ran this skin with the IE version that came with a new Windows XP SP2 installation, and yeap, no problems except for the post title icon transparency.

What I really liked about this skin is its flexibility - there's always room for improvement, especially when it comes to the aesthetic aspect. I will probably demonstrate this once I have enough time and motivation on my hands.

And of course it has its flaws, such as the tiny font you're staring at now which will probably make your eyes hurt later, but that, of course, can be fixed with a few tweaks. Not now though.

This skin is also designed with distribution in mind. Change a few values and you will get your blog spanning across 2 monitors horizontally. This is the flexibility that comes along with simplicity.

Enjoy, and till my next post.

No comments: