Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day.

Actually I wrote a pretty lengthy post around Wednesday and was looking forward to submitting it, but because I have a really small audience here with me, my blog located at the abyss of the internet and pretty much spilling everything to ZW the other day on MSN, I don't think that I should post it anymore.

When I was young, I would wake my mother up in the night after remembering there is still some homework that I forgot to do (either that or the tendency to finish things last minute) and ask for her to keep me accompany. Why? Monsters coming out of the toilet bowl.

Till this day I have not completely gotten over doing things last minute, not like I ever will, but the more depressing part is my reliance on her to provide me with everything I need.

When I was in primary 5 my teacher for the art and craft lesson told us to make a mask out of balloons. I remember rushing to finish up on the assignment a week before the submission date (the assignment required me to wait a while for things to dry etc,) and trying my best to explain that I needed a "special type of glue." She got it and cooked me a pot of starch, stayed up around 2 hours with me and helped me finish my assignment.

Only to discover that after the submission deadline was up, I was the only guy in the class who "knew what to do" and actually produced something.

An hour ago and I was still asking my mother to help me with my assignments, though this time round I only required an envelope.

These are some things that I will accidentally bury or forget over time. I am not worried about it though, because all that is important to me right now is to appreciate the only mother I can ever have in this life (though yeah I am always trying to escape this responsibility.)

Happy Mother's Day.

ps. The assignment given to me was pretty fun. I am going to try doing it again someday.

No comments: