Everyone who knows me well should be aware of the fact that I can't cook, bake, fry or steam anything, not even instant noodles.
Despite that, however, my head is always full of crazy ideas when it comes to cooking, even though I'm not anywhere near any of you, neither can I bake a cake like mani (the NS mani. He bakes cakes, cookies and a whole lot of tasty shit, though I can only eat them with my eyes.) I can still toast bread :)
So I tried my luck since I was bored and all, played around with whatever I could find in the fridge along with our uber durable toaster that lasted for like 10 years. Today I'm proud to present my first (and probably last) 5 recipes made of fail, win and a whole lot of love from yours truly.
Note: All recipes involve two pieces of bread, toasted using some ancient Breville toaster.
#1 - Peanut butter toast.
Ingredients:
- Oozy peanut butter
Toasted for: 5 minutes.
Important notes: May want to try other brands of peanut butter.
Do not attempt. Maybe it's just my brand of peanut butter but it failed hard because it didn't melt during toasting. The peanut butter got stuck onto a thin layer of bread and I could just pull it off. Hard to eat too, since it sticks everywhere in your mouth. Roasted peanuts can be tasted through this epic failure of toasts worldwide. Never touched peanut butter after this either.
#2 - Chocolate toast.
Ingredients:
- Nutella chocolate
Toasted for: 4 minutes.
Important notes: Too much will result in vomiting.
Very good. Yes, it's very good. One of the main advantages of eating a chocolate toast over a chocolate bun is that you won't mind drinking water after eating, which is good because chocolate is heaty.
No individual pictures for the below ones because I was too hungry. Sorry folks.
#3 - Tuna and cheese toast.
Ingredients:
- Ayam brand mayo-tuna
- NTUC Fairprice cheese
Toast for: 5 minutes.
Important notes: May want to try with other flavors of tuna. I personally prefer the NTUC Fairprice cheese because it's cheap and doesn't taste like machinery.
Not bad. Cheese makes a good ingredient in my toasts because after toasting it melts like butter and becomes liquid-like. May want to throw in some canned mushrooms too - I have a feeling those will be epic.
#4 - Tuna and cheese toast with chilli.
Ingredients:
- Ayam brand mayo-tuna
- NTUC Fairprice cheese
- Macdonald's garlic chilli sauce packet
Toast for: 5 minutes.
Important notes: May want to substitute Macdonald's garlic chilli sauce with something else. May want to add mushrooms like above.
Now here's one I finally gave a few thoughts as to what to use before toasting. I thought of using sweet chilli sauce instead of garlic but hell, I don't even know if they expired already. To play safe I just used the garlic chilli sauce. It's better than the tuna and cheese toast simply because it boasts more flavor with the chilli added.
#5 - Chocolate cheese toast.
Ingredients:
- Nutella chocolate
- NTUC Fairprice cheese
Toasted for: 6 minutes.
Important notes: 65% chocolate, 35% cheese for maximum win. (WARNING: Rough gauge. May taste like shit.)
As suggested by my mother. Despite the awkward combination, this thing tastes better than your average chocolate toast. Don't know how to describe this but there's a little bit of saltiness thrown in and, depending on how much chocolate you use, can be incredibly tasty or incredibly disgusting.
Well I don't really see myself toasting anymore bread using new recipes. Maybe when I'm bored or something.
Yeah that's about all. Try them out though, since they're tested and proven.
No comments:
Post a Comment