Wednesday, December 06, 2006

DWS - Part 1

DWS stands for Dealing With Singaporeans. This post is part 1 of it.

I'm a Singaporean, no doubt, so obviously I understand the many slangs that my fellow countrymen use over the net. I thought I could handle them, but it turned out to be more difficult.

It's partly my fault and their fault - mine for being unable to articulate myself well, putting myself at a disadvantage and theirs for being so ignorant and stupid.

By stupid I mean really stupid. They just can't seem to understand english in it's 'purest' form.

We know the typical 'yawnz', 'your mother/father is etc' and 'keep barking/whining like dog', including threats to beat you up/hack your com/ban you from server, whole lot of utter crap. So it happens that when you actually retaliate they reveal themselves as idiots, probably because they failed their english.

Further leading to several cases whereby they accuse you of being a kid and some of the examples listed above.

I'm also amused by their only ability worth learning from - subject hopping. How can you associate barking with a flood? How do you associate your score in a video game with money? How can you ever associate age with simple chat messages?

It's true that I'm no 20 year old guy still wasting my life away on computer games, but some of them are and they will almost have nothing else to say when you accuse them of having no life. It's a fact and that's why they have no choice but to shut up.

But so far I'm feeling good about semi-owning them in an argument. From how I see it they should be around my age, definitely not more than 20. It's sad to see them like this.

- End of Part 1 -

We all know that I've blocked several people in my list, but turns out I'm not the only one doing it.

Check one of my links.

I don't know if I'm one of those included and it's better not to assume. After all, since it's December, I can take anything anyone throws at me. It's the month for me to brood over stuff and do nothing all day.

Some belated birthday wishes from people, I must add, including those from some unexpected people like Mark. It really depressing when friends, CLOSE ones, actually forgot all about your birthday and while someone that knew you for a month or so over the net wishes you a happy birthday - only after hearing your birth-date once, too.

"Cry out loud for someone to hear you,
for in this bottomless pit you're sobbing
everyday
and watching the sun drift past the open hole.
So cry out loud for anyone to hear you,
for there shouldn't be any hole you can see
anywhere
and neither should there be any in whole."

I shall step back for awhile.

No comments: