I don't know what you people out there think about friendship as part of your lives, since it's a controversial issue and should be just left to one's own interpretation, but I thought I might as well share my own views on it.
While I believe true friendship exists, it can only happen between two people who either
1) Have no job/no school/too much income
Or
2) Ain't productive in their free time
You can't blame someone who got betrayed by one of his own trusted friends at a young age. He dropped out on our project last minute and ran off to work with another guy. Should have mutilated him on the spot back then.
That incident led to several changes in me. From my last personality disorder test it said that I was 'highly' paranoid and 'mildly' anti-social. There you go.
A few of my eccentric behavior/habits/exploits include planning to back out on outings last minute, turning down social events, isolation and very a weird way of thinking.
Which led to those self-denial periods, mood-swings, lack of knowledge of what's happening next door, animosity towards girls (I said girls,) self-centeredness, heavy reliance on street directories and all that shit.
Once bitten, twice shy.
Coming to think of it, that's why I choose my friends carefully. What you would call your 'fair-weather friends' mean no more than strangers to me, while 'normal friends' are 'semi-dangerous people' and 'best friends' are 'quite-dangerous people'.
Deletion is the only option out of any mess involving friendship. You may think it only happens within the computer, but so far I've been able to remove someone off my mind without feeling any guilt for 6 years - and he's one of my best friends (not that teamhopper.)
Life's like that. You meet people along the road. Most of them say hi, some of them stop to talk with you and only a few agree to get on your car. Once they change lanes that's it, they're gone, no point getting upset all over it.
It may be wrong to think this way, but at least it's better than trying to deny the fact that you're paranoid and accusing everyone of being backstabbers, like Andre.
Also, the problem with me is that I only choose roads with one lane, so those people that I meet will be on the side that goes the direction opposite of mine.
So far, these roads haven't failed me yet.
Thursday, November 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment