Monday, September 04, 2006

I'm getting old.

Really tired. Slept at 3am and had to wake up at 7 for school.

Then halfway down the elevator I forgot to bring my wallet. Too late to go back up. I asked 55 cents from the father for the bus ride home, and he gave me a $50 note. Nevermind. I needed coins, and he gave me all the coins in his pocket. I tried to return him the rest of the amount but he refused it. I should have taken the $50 note then. Damn.

I was the first to reach school with 6 girls behind me. Actually they reached the place first but I was in the father's car so I overtook them by a few seconds.

Anyway I was the first male to reach class, and I looked like a fucking recluse because I was sitting so far from them. Chemistry teacher came in and told me to sweep the floor just because "you're the only boy." So I swept.

Nevermind that. I was slow while doing the test and had to stay back because I was one of those whose chemistry scored lower than 65. In the end I got off at around 11, but it wasn't the end of this shitty day.

I BOARDED the bus. I was kind enough to round up the price of 55 cents to 60 cents and I even PAUSED awhile to show the bus driver the amount I'm paying. I paid, and he STOPPED ME. He asked for my Ezlink, and I told him I didn't have my wallet with me. He said NO EZLINK, ADULT FARE. I wtf-ed. He asked me where was I heading. I told him home. He asked me where and I said jurong. When I tried to explain myself he interrupted and tried to explain HIMSELF instead.

What? The ticket-man would scold you if I don't pay the adult fare while in school uniform? Hey why not fuck off. But nevermind I asked him how much and paid accordingly.

Now, Lesson 2: Dealing with bus drivers.

Consider the advantages and disadvantages of paying/not paying.

Pay:

Advantages
- You're doing your school proud! (Irrelevant. Ignore)
- Save trouble from police/school (I can't control how much damage my verbal bullets can deal)
- You're so matured!
- You can bitch behind his back without feeling guilty
- A great opportunity to write to local newspapers and warn them about the SBS conspiracy
- YOU MIGHT BECOME FAMOUS IN SCHOOL (Fat hope, really.)

Disadvantages
- He might think you're really out to cheat his money
- Not man enough to fight back (Irrelevant too. Ignore)
- Waste money -.-

No pay:

Advantages
- "Oh Byan, you're so mens!" (Disregard)
- Save your money
- Nothing else

Disadvantages
- You're asked to get down the bus without getting a refund
- Photoshopped image of your school
- Ugly situation whereby you're labelled as a social rebel in school

So it's better to pay. I glared at him when I got down the bus anyway. He looked at me and seemed to be a little guilty. GREAT. Revenge.

No comments: